I made a muslin, but it required no alterations as far as we could determine, so I cut the pieces and began construction.
We did debate whether or not to use bound buttonholes, but the fabric was just a hair too spongy for an application requiring such precision (that, and my precision sewing skills are a little rusty).
I had a bit of difficulty with the single-welt pocket, but it still turned out half-decent.
It took a few tries to get the lapels attached and lined up correctly, but I'd say the effort was worth it.
Because I was distracted by the challenges of the lapels, I had to bind the armholes instead of attaching the lining to the armholes from the inside.
Here is the final result after it was worn almost daily on a road trip to from Vancouver to Sacramento and back. I don't have any close-up photos of the buttonholes, but they were stitched in burgundy thread to match the lining.