and based on the amount of ease in the pattern, I opted not to do an FBA, just to test.
I traced the pattern pieces and cut them out, which was where the challenges of working from stash fabric come in. I was about 10cm short of having enough fabric to cut all the pieces, so I had to piece the outer front near the hem.
I followed the directions as given in the pattern, although I did lengthen the sleeves about 5 cm.
The directions for the collar and front were a little hard to follow, especially for the forming of the pleat that helps to form the lapel. Next time, I will figure out the assembly process on my own.
Also for next time:
1) Do an FBA. The top can be worn, but the upper edge of the draped front hits a little high.
2) Lengthen the top about 7-8 cm and do a swayback/big bum adjustment.
- Size range: 3/5 -- New Look is a division of Simplicity, so the pattern only runs up to an 18.
- Instructions: 4/5 -- The clarity depends on the view. The T-shirt is easy to follow, the wrap top, not so much.
- Construction process: 3/5 -- Could be much more streamlined.
- Final fit: 4/5 -- The shoulders, sleeves, and back fit fine, The front fits without gaping at the front, but is a little tight and pulls on the back of the neck. It's a little short for my comfort, too, with a minor tendency to ride up in the back. That might because of the need for the full bust adjustment, but I think I'd adjust the length anyway.
- Overall rating: 4/5